New Instance For Each Opened PDF File

itelect01

New Instance For Each Opened PDF File

Post by itelect01 »

When my application runs it creates multiple PDF files. FlexiPDF 2022 opens each PDF file in it's own instance. None of these instances know about the others, so I cannot combine them into one file. The only option seems to be saving a single file from each instance and combining them manually which is very time consuming. How do I stop FlexiPDF from starting a new instance for each file, and open them in the same session to work with them?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: New Instance For Each Opened PDF File

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your post, but currently this feature is not available. I have forwarded this improvement suggestion...
GuernseyMan

Post by GuernseyMan »

I must admit I was very surprised that multiple pdfs didn't open in tabs in the same instance. That almost seems like a standard feature in all the other readers/editors that I've tried.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

GuernseyMan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:25 am I must admit I was very surprised that multiple pdfs didn't open in tabs in the same instance. That almost seems like a standard feature in all the other readers/editors that I've tried.
The versions of Acrobat and Adobe Reader that I'm using don't open new documents in tabs. Each opens in a separate window -- and I would not want it to be any other way. I'm old-fashioned. I have never understood the current obsession with tabbed applications.

Note to SoftMaker: If you intend to add this "feature," please be certain to make it an option that users can choose or opt out of, because to some of us it is NOT a feature, it's an annoyance.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2022”