Text entry difficulty

JohnWasilewski

Text entry difficulty

Post by JohnWasilewski »

FlexiPDF 3.0.7 Win
Running in MacOS under Windows running under Parallels

When I select the Text editing tool, click-and-drag to create new text, then start typing inside the pale blue outline text box I have just created, nothing happens. I can see a black vertical-line cursor position gently flashing just inside the left end of the text box, but I just cannot seem to find a way of making my text go into it. I have tried clicking in the text box. That doesn't help. Re-sizing it works, but also doesn't help.

Since writing the above, I have also discovered that, by moving the mouse pointer around, trying various positions inside the the text box, I can find, after a few attempts, a mouse pointer position at which, when i type on the keyboard, my text DOES appear in the box. Often, I lose it and the text stops appearing, but if I move the mouse again, I can find a position that enables me to continue typing.

Please could anyone help me, what is happening here, what might I be doing wrong, is there a rule for how to make text boxes always accept text?
----
John
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Text entry difficulty

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but FlexiPDF under parallels on Mac hardware is not supported because in such scenario keyboard hardware works differently.

You may try to reinstall FlexiPDF or install Keyboard driver for your keyboard, if possible.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Well, I can only say that FlexiPDF works here flawlessly on a Mac with Parallels Desktop, and always has, including typing text in text boxes.
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

Thanks Jodi. I too have not found anything that fails to work on MacOS/Parallels. Maybe I’ll try reinstalling.
—-
John

Return to “FlexiPDF 2022”