Custom stamps

Woody44

Custom stamps

Post by Woody44 »

Looking through the FlexiPDF user manual, I found the discussion of how to create custom stamps, but I don't see any discussion of how to create dynamic stamps. As I may have commented previously in other questions, the governmental office I work in (a small municipality, not a state or the federal government) is looking to switch from Adobe Acrobat 9 to a newer PDF viewer/editor. We will be moving to completely digital review and approval of applications for permits, so we need to have PDF stamps that say not just "Approved" or 'Denied" but also include the date and the name or initials of the reviewer.

Is this possible in FlexiPDF? If not, unfortunately FlexiPDF can't be a candidate for use in our office. If it is possible to create dynamic stamps, where can I find the instructions on how to do it?

Thank you.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Custom stamps

Post by miguel-c »

You can apply a custom stamp with an empty space where you can then apply bates numbering with the date, etc.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

miguel-c wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:07 pm You can apply a custom stamp with an empty space where you can then apply bates numbering with the date, etc.
Thank you, Miguel. For an infrequent use, that work-around could be possible for me but it would require that I spend the time to learn how to use Bates numbering. I work in an office with co-workers with differing levels of computer knowledge, most of them less than mine (and I am hardly a computer guru). We are also exceedingly busy. Having to make multiple passes to accomplish something that Acrobat can do automatically in one operation will not be acceptable to my department head -- and I don't blame him. Not only does it waste valuable time, it makes it too easy for someone to make a mistake.

I will suggest that you add this feature to the list for future updates. To be honest, I was very surprised when I discovered that FlexiPDF doesn't offer this. It seems pretty fundamental to business use.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

I've forwarded your suggestion...

Return to “FlexiPDF 2022”