How use digital signature in flash drive

How use digital signature in flash drive

Post by 2249 »

Hello.
I have a digital signature, installed on flash drive. Can I use this signature to digitaly sign documents ? On Adobe this work.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How use digital signature in flash drive

Post by miguel-c »

Yes, as long as they are PFX or P12 certificates.
You can do it under Document | Digital signature | Add.

Post by 2249 »

Thank you, but I can export certificate just like ...
cert_export.png
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

What's the extension on your current certificate?

Post by 2249 »

It has no way of knowing because it is installed on flash drive. I can only export.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

I noticed on your screenshot that the option to export the digital certificate to PFX format is disabled, while the option to export to CER format is available, it suggests that the certificate you are trying to export does not have the associated private key marked as exportable. The PFX format includes both the certificate and the private key, whereas the CER format only contains the public certificate.

To resolve this issue, you have a few possible options:

Check the certificate properties: Verify that the certificate has an associated private key and that it is marked as exportable. To do this, follow these steps:

Open the certificate management tool (such as the Certificate MMC snap-in in Windows).
Locate the certificate you want to export.
Right-click on the certificate and select "Properties" or "View Certificate."
Navigate to the "Details" tab and ensure that there is a private key associated with the certificate and that it is marked as exportable.
Reissue the certificate: If the private key is not marked as exportable, you may need to contact the certificate issuer or the administrator who manages the certificate to request a reissue of the certificate with an exportable private key.

Use alternative export methods: If exporting to PFX format is not possible due to restrictions, you can explore alternative methods to transfer the certificate along with its private key. For example, you can export the certificate and private key from the certificate store on the source machine and then import it on the destination machine.

Post by 2249 »

Thank you.
In "Details" I have just "Authority Key Identifier" with "KeyID",which includes a lot of numbers and letters, but I don't think this is it Private Key.
In fact, this is one of the few advantages of Adobe products over yours.

Post by 2249 »

I don't know how it is with you, but here, in Bulgaria, certificates are divided into two types - from a bank /installed on a computer/ and on a flash drive /used mainly for communication with state institutions/. In my case, it is a certificate issued to a company for relations with state institutions. For this purpose, it is often necessary to sign documents on behalf of the company and send them by e-mail. With FlexiPDF Pro 2022 this is impossible. For now ...
Thanks for your time.
With best regards!

Return to “FlexiPDF 2022”