"Attach as Email" function

joredor

"Attach as Email" function

Post by joredor »

In FlexiPDF Pro 2019 (version 2.1.0), there is a bug in the "Attach as Email" function that leaves MS Outlook 2019 unresponsive. I'm curious to know, has this issue been resolved in FlexiPDF 2022?

Here is a screenshot of the dialog box indicating the problem:
PDF email test Flexi.png
(Email address and file location obscured for privacy.)

Once this dialog box shows up, I cannot close it, I cannot close the email window or the Outlook window, and I cannot close FlexiPDF. Clicking on Retry didn't help, and clicking on "Switch to..." didn't help. I killed both Outlook and FlexiPDF via Task Manager, but underneath there was still a further Outlook dialog box (sorry, didn't take a screenshot of it) saying something to the effect that the requested operation could not be completed, with an "OK" button. Clicking on the OK button didn't do anything. Restarting File Explorer didn't help. I ended up rebooting the PC to get Outlook working again.

I am on Windows 10.

In the screenshot, does anybody know which program might be the "other program" that is said to be busy? As I reported, closing neither Outlook nor FlexiPDF solved the problem.

Does this issue persist in FleixPDF 2022?
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "Attach as Email" function

Post by miguel-c »

Unfortunately, the problem is also present in FlexiPDF 2022.
It happens because of a mismatch between FlexiPDF (32 bits) and Outlook (64 bits)
Until we implement a fix, it only works with Outlook 32 bits.
joredor

Re: "Attach as Email" function

Post by joredor »

Miguel, I appreciate the straightforward reply (no excuses!). Thanks very much. This will help me decide how to proceed. I'll probably go ahead and make use of this week's special offer for FlexiPDF 2022.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2022”