Headers and footers?

Woody44

Headers and footers?

Post by Woody44 »

I just looked through the contents of the user manual for FlexiPDF, and I didn't see headers and footers mentioned. Does FlexiPDF allow users to create, delete, and edit headers and footers in PDF documents? If so, where is how to do this explained?

If this is possible in FlexiPDF, is it also possible in FreePDF, or is that one of the premium features?

Thank you.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Headers and footers?

Post by raitis.veksejs »

There is indeed no header and footer function in FlexiPDF. You should check the information about "Copying content across pages", also "Page numbering" may help you. PDF content editing, also page formatting is mostly features of paid versions of FlexiPDF.

Find information in the user manual here:
http://help.softmaker.com/flexipdf2022/ ... pages.html
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thanks.

I have FlexiPDF. I think the ability to create and edit headers and footers is an essential function for a PDF editor. It's the only way to achieve consistent headers and footers when compiling a single PDF document by merging multiple source files. This capability has been present in Adobe Acrobat for many years.

It is strange that FlexiPDF outshines Acrobat for actually editing the text in a PDF file ... but FlexiPDF doesn't do headers and footers. This means that I still have to keep both programs on my computers.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I have forwarded this improvement suggestion to our product management...
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

SuperTech wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:11 pm I have forwarded this improvement suggestion to our product management...
Thank you.

When they implement this essential function, please be sure to do it in a way that allows editing headers and footers created in Adobe Acrobat. Anything less will not be very useful, since most companies and clients use Acrobat. The ability to transparently exchange files with clients and collaborators is crucial.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2022”