USB drive

joophaan

USB drive

Post by joophaan »

I want to store files on an external USB memory stick. However, the file window/menu only shows my Device memory, Dropbox and Google Drive. Using settings on my Chromebook, I have checked the access rights of Planmaker. Contact and Memory both are granted access. Also, using advanced access settings, I tried to grant access to SD card (both write and read). Access rights to USB device are not available here.
Using the filemanager from Chrome OS, my USB memory stick is without any issue accessible, readable and writeable.

How can I access my USB memory stick with PlanMaker?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: USB drive

Post by SuperTech »

Please check and follow instructions given on our article : How to run SoftMaker Office on a Chromebook
joophaan

Post by joophaan »

Thanks, yet I prefer to use the Android version instead of the Linux version. Since the Android version is easy to install, directly from the playstore.
Also my Lenovo Chromebook Duet has an ARM processor, which is not supported by Softmaker.

Is there another way to access an USB drive directly from the file manager in PlanMaker 2021 for Android?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

So, currently you are using Android version or Linux version for which you want to know this information?
joophaan

Post by joophaan »

I am using the Android version (that is why I started this request in the Planmaker 2021 for Android), so I would like to have the answer/soluyion trgarding the Android version.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please update your apps to the latest version and then click on ribbon command File | Options | Appearance | Enable the option an option "Use system file dialogs".

After that, you will be able to use your USB drive in SoftMaker Office for Android as you mentioned you are able to use it on your Android file manager.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Android”