Strange behaviour with files on SD card

gerontios

Strange behaviour with files on SD card

Post by gerontios »

I have recently started to use SoftMaker Office for Android and it is working well so far - it is by far the best of the Android Office programs I have tried, and I have taken a subscription tio get the export to PDF option, which works very well for me.

I am having an issue with files on my SANDisk SD card in my Lenovo tablet (TB-X606F with Android 10). If open a document on the SD card via my file explorer, work on it, then press "Save", it (TextMaker and PlanMaker) actually always goes to "Save As" and I have to go through the directory structure, locate the file and acknowledge to overwrite it. It then saves it OK. It does not do this for files on my internal storage - pressing "Save" just saves it in the right location with no overwrite confirmation required. This is more of an inconvenience than a major problem to me, but it must be indicative that something is not right.

Also, if I try and open a file on the SD card via the "Open" option, it usually (though not always) gives me a "File format not supported" error, but then if I immediately go back to the file explorer and open it that way, it opens just fine.

I have tried Softmaker Office on my Motorola G6 Android telephone with the same type of SANDisk SD card, and it seems to work just fine.

Has anyone else seen this issue, or know of anything I can try to resolve this behaviour with files on the SD Card?

Thanks.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Strange behaviour with files on SD card

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing this problem. Please update your SoftMaker Office to the latest revision and check this problem again.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Android”