Some bugs in TextMaker 2021 for Android app

rujohan

Some bugs in TextMaker 2021 for Android app

Post by rujohan »

Textmaker last version (01.09.2021) won't download the User Manual because it is looking for a file called tm2023manual_en.pdf, both on Softmakers server and in the Softmaker/help folder created during installation.

So I had to download the file tm2021manual_en.pdf manually, rename it and copy it to the help folder. Then it was detected.

Another bug is that Textmaker, Planmaker and Presentations (all last versions from Google Play) doesn't remember when I choose Metric under Options/Appearance/Measurement. When restarting the apps they have all gone back to U.S under Measurement.

Regards,
Rune Johannessen
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Some bugs in TextMaker 2021 for Android app

Post by martin-k »

Thank you. I have reported both issues to the developers.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Both bugs will be fixed in the next service pack.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
LaneLester

Post by LaneLester »

A few days ago I installed TextMaker rev S1035.0716.160, and the manual downloaded OK.

Lane
Oswaldo

Post by Oswaldo »

my mistake is that when trying to open textmaker It closes me automatically and I have done some such as reinstalling it or forcing it to close, restarting my device but it does not work, I can even open the other apps in your Office and but it does not open. Is a good app I only ask to be solved a good app I only ask to be solved. :cry:
LaneLester

Post by LaneLester »

I use TextMaker almost daily without any problems. I'm not doing anything fancy. Mostly I am pasting in text from a website into a template I created. Then I do a little editing, some search-and-replace, and then iI ptint the document with the PrinterShare app. The latter links directly to TextMaker, so I just click the Print icon in the toolbar.

What device are you using? What version of Android?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Oswaldo wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:11 pm my mistake is that when trying to open textmaker It closes me automatically and I have done some such as reinstalling it or forcing it to close, restarting my device but it does not work, I can even open the other apps in your Office and but it does not open. Is a good app I only ask to be solved a good app I only ask to be solved. :cry:
It seems you didn't grant the necessary permission required to run the applications. To solve this problem please follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the app icon.
2. Then you will get some options, select "App info".
3. Click on "Clear all data" as you never used the app before.
4. After that, run the app and grant all the required permissions.

If you are still getting any problem, please share your device information with screen recording of the problem (if possible).

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Android”