Characters with accents (tildes) show strange behaviour

Sworks

Characters with accents (tildes) show strange behaviour

Post by Sworks »

I just subscribed to NX Universal as I tried TextMaker for Android and I found it really nice. However, working on it today I found I suffer the same accent bug: everytime I write an accented word (in Spanish) then, after space, the next accented one makes the last word repeat itself in a very strange behaviour. It only happens with external keyboard, on Samsung onscreen keyboard it works ok.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
Android: 13
External keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V3 / Logitech K740 / and several others, all the same behaviour.

I think this bug may be related to these ones:

https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=402&t=22791

https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=401&t=22749

Please find attached the screen recording.
XRecorder_03022023_002659.mp4
(4.04 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
Last edited by Sworks on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sworks

Re: Characters with accents (tildes) show strange behaviour

Post by Sworks »

BTW: It only happens with TextMaker. On Planmaker and Presentations input works as expected.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem with the screen recording. But we require some more information on this problem, which the other user didn't share. :(

Please follow these steps and share your sminfo.txt file.
SuperTech wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:29 pm Meanwhile, please uninstall SoftMaker Office, rename the SoftMaker folder which is in your internal memory, install SoftMaker Office again and check if the problem still persists.

If the problem persists even after the above steps, please share your sminfo.txt file, which you can generate by clicking on the ribbon command File | ? | About | Write system information.
Sworks

Post by Sworks »

Ok, I uninstalled all Softmaker apps (TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentation) and deleted old Softmaker folder in internal memory. Reinstalled all again and now it is working as expected, no strange behaviour (at least what I checked) with accents. Thinking of it... may the problem was related to normal.tmvx as I edited it to change default font from Times New Roman to Arial?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, it seems there was some problem/corruption in the settings. But as you deleted the SoftMaker folder, we can't investigate it now.
Sworks

Post by Sworks »

SuperTech wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:54 pm Yes, it seems there was some problem/corruption in the settings. But as you deleted the SoftMaker folder, we can't investigate it now.
I made a full softmaker folder backup before deleting it, here is the old sminfo.txt file.

sminfo.txt
(99.69 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing sminfo.txt. Please zip the old SoftMaker folder (which you backup) and share with us here.
Sworks

Post by Sworks »

Hi, please find the Softmaker folder attached. Unfortunately, the bug appeared again, and now I didn't do any template edit or anything besides Textmaker buttons customizations (mainly adding buttons to toolbars). Reinstalling it again would mean doing the personalizations again... :(

I deleted the sample welcome documents and presentations 2021 designs folder in the ZIP files to keep the size below 50mb.

Old softmaker folder with bug:

And the Softmaker folder today, with bug present also:

NOTE: I just realized the Softmaker folder had some private data, so please tell me how to send the folders without posting public here. Thank you.
Sworks

Post by Sworks »

I think I have made some progress regarding this bug:

If I replace tm21config.ini with a fresh, just installed one, the bug dissappears.
Sworks

Post by Sworks »

Ok, I think I got it:

If I delete this:

BkgndCorrection=1

in tm21config.ini, the bug is fixed, no more repetitions. So, the problem is the spell checking as you type option. If I enable it in a fresh install, the bug shows, does not matter language or dictionary used (tried first with English, then Spanish, same results). If I disable the checking as you type option, no word repetition occurs when typing accented words.

Tested also in iPad Pro 2021, it works ok so this bug is not present in iOS.
Last edited by Sworks on Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you very much for your efforts and for sharing your findings. I have forwarded it to our developer team.
Sworks

Post by Sworks »

Any news about this bug? I hope it gets fixed soon. Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I have already forwarded the details to our developer team and waiting for the reply. I will update here whenever I will get any news.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Android”