Activation without PlayStore

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Goghard

Activation without PlayStore

Post by Goghard »

I noticed several people are installing SoftMaker apps in Android devices without Google (I saw a Huawei and a Kindle). I use E-foundation, and plenty of people use Lineage OS and other android mods. Murena is selling De-Google phones from the beginning, so that there are no issues with rooted devices. Given this, I would like to request for a way to activate the NX license in Android devices that don't have PlayStore or Google Services installed.
Thanks for considering this request.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Activation without PlayStore

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post and for your interest in SoftMaker Office for Android.

But rooted devices or custom ROMs are not supported, and we are not providing any APK file.

We are providing SoftMaker Office apps only through Google Play Store. So from whatever source you got the APK file is not provided from SoftMaker, and it can be suspicious.

We recommend you to please install our apps through Google Play Store only but if you still want to activate your installed apps, please open menu > Help > Manage subscription...> Press button "Enter SoftMaker Office NX key" > Enter your NX product key and touch tick mark on right top corner of dialog box.
sibble-comp

Post by sibble-comp »

The activation at the App level does NOT work. Just added NX sub to my account, installed the iOS and Android versions and the activation link does NOT exist in the apps, I got both sets of apps from their respective App Stores and help about shows SoftMaker 2021.

menu > Help > Manage subscription...> Press button "Enter SoftMaker Office NX key"

is not even an option on either platform.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but we are unable to reproduce this problem on both the platforms.

For Android: Please share a screenshot of the problem, for that we can check it.

For iOS: Please click on any feature which is locked because of limitations, and then you will get the activation dialog, there you can enter your NX product key also instead of username. (Ideally, this post related to iOS should be in iOS forum only.)
sibble-comp

Post by sibble-comp »

Will share a screenshot later. Of note this process works fine in iOS to select an extra feature, but on Android, I don't see any locked features in the menu that I use to trigger the NX activation. None of the memu items include that option either. I uninstalled and reinstalled from the Play store, but no change.

Help > Manage subscription takes me to the Play store and shows my canceled subscriptions, it says that will end on Oct 23. How do I get rid of that so I can activate with NX code.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please close all SoftMaker Office apps, rename /SoftMaker/Settings/of2021.lic and then open any SoftMaker Office app, you will get option to activate it using NX product key.
sibble-comp

Post by sibble-comp »

Thanks, that worked out perfectly on Android.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (General)”