Double_Repeat_Sentences, Change_Language, Ctr_button

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
geo27

Double_Repeat_Sentences, Change_Language, Ctr_button

Post by geo27 »

Hello everyone, I need your help. I will list some problems I have with Softmaker: TextMaker for Android. I am using Samsung Galaxy tab s6 lite with Logitech K380 Bluetooth keyboard and TextMaker version 2021.1102.0429.0 (without subscription). I use Samsung Dex when I write, but the following problems show up even without using Dex.

1) The Ctrl button when using keyboard is not working (not responding).

2) This is not a problem but is there a way to show a zoom slider for page display (like in Microsoft office that is in the bottom right)?

3) The hotkeys Alt+Shift for changing languages is not working (not responding).

4) Is there a way to insert Math equations or is it not a feature available for Android yet?

5) Whenever I write in Greek, my sentences are repeating. I believe this has something to do with the hyphenation button, which is the semicolon. Bellow are some examples with the keystrokes right below them (having underscore as the space button).

For example lets say I want to write the sentence (the underline signifies the part that will be repeated-it is not part of the text when it was written in TextMaker):
πολλά είναι τα παιδιά
poll;a_e;inai_ta_paidi;a

By the time I press ";a" in the last word "paidi;a", the previous words are repeated like:
πολλά είναι τα πολλά είναι τα παιδιά
poll;a_e;inai_ta_poll;a_e;inia_ta_paidi;a

One more example would be if I write a sentence like:
μου φαίνεται
mou_fa;inetai

And by the time I press ";i" it will become
μου μου φαίνεται
mou_mou_fa;inetai

I can give you more examples but I don't think the keyboard is the problem (since I used it in other applications and it didn't do it). I think this is a feature of some kind and I must find a way to deactivate it. Also if I write in English the sentences are not repeated.

That's it so far, I hope you can help me resolve those issues because I think your app is awesome and and I don't want to change it! Take care.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Double_Repeat_Sentences, Change_Language, Ctr_button

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the problems.
geo27 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:09 pm 1) The Ctrl button when using keyboard is not working (not responding).
We are unable to reproduce this problem as Ctrl key is working fine e.g. in Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X etc. Please let us know for which specific operation, which key combination is not working for you so that we can check it further.
geo27 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:09 pm 2) This is not a problem but is there a way to show a zoom slider for page display (like in Microsoft office that is in the bottom right)?
Yes, please click on ribbon command File | Options | Appearance | Enable option "Show status bar in ribbon mode". This will display zoom slider at the bottom right of the ribbon mode. Classic menu already have Zoom slider in the bottom right corner.
geo27 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:09 pm 3) The hotkeys Alt+Shift for changing languages is not working (not responding).
I didn't find any such hotkey for LG keyboards, please check and verify is it's working for any other application or not? If yes, please share a screen recording for better understanding.
geo27 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:09 pm 4) Is there a way to insert Math equations or is it not a feature available for Android yet?
Yes, this feature is currently not available for SoftMaker Office for Android, but I have forwarded this improvement suggestion to our product management...
geo27 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:09 pm 5) Whenever I write in Greek, my sentences are repeating. I believe this has something to do with the hyphenation button, which is the semicolon. Bellow are some examples with the keystrokes right below them (having underscore as the space button).
Please share a screen recording of this problem for better understanding.
geo27

Post by geo27 »

Sorry for the delay. I've attached the screen recordings. All tests were done with keyboard.
Attachments
Screen_Recording_20221005_203702_Office TextMaker.mp4
Ctr+C and Ctrl+V test
(41.28 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Screen_Recording_20221005_204744_Docs.mp4
Alt+Shift test
(7.87 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
Screen_Recording_20221005_205603_Docs.mp4
Double sentences.
(10.14 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the screen recording. I have forwarded all the details to our developer team.

Meanwhile, please uninstall SoftMaker Office, rename the SoftMaker folder which is in your internal memory, install SoftMaker Office again and check if the problem still persists.

If the problem persists even after the above steps, please share your sminfo.txt file, which you can generate by clicking on the ribbon command File | ? | About | Write system information.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

We are still waiting for your input on this.
pris.a

Post by pris.a »

Hello, everyone.
I am also having problems with double/repeating sentences almost every time I write a word with a graphic accent.
English is not my first language (my first language is Brazilian Portuguese), so words with characters like ã, õ, á, é, í, ó, ú, ç, à, â, ê, ô appear a lot and this problem is causing me a lot of inconvenience when writing.

I am currently using TextMaker version 2021.1102.1117.0 with subscription on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard, same keyboard as the person above, but I tried with a Dell Bluetooth Keyboard too.
And I also tested it on Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 with the same two keyboards.

I don't get the same problem in any other application so I know the problem is with TextMaker.

I hope I can get some help here, because I'm loving the app so far, but I'll be forced to switch if I can't fix this as I can't write without using my language's graphic accents.
Sworks

Post by Sworks »

pris.a wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:53 pm Hello, everyone.
I am also having problems with double/repeating sentences almost every time I write a word with a graphic accent.
English is not my first language (my first language is Brazilian Portuguese), so words with characters like ã, õ, á, é, í, ó, ú, ç, à, â, ê, ô appear a lot and this problem is causing me a lot of inconvenience when writing.

I am currently using TextMaker version 2021.1102.1117.0 with subscription on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard, same keyboard as the person above, but I tried with a Dell Bluetooth Keyboard too.
And I also tested it on Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 with the same two keyboards.

I don't get the same problem in any other application so I know the problem is with TextMaker.

I hope I can get some help here, because I'm loving the app so far, but I'll be forced to switch if I can't fix this as I can't write without using my language's graphic accents.
I already opened a thread about this bug:

https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=402&t=22982

Basically, spelling check while you write (the red underline showing spelling mistake) is bugged in Android when you use accents, so you will have to switch it off until the devs fix it. Read the topic if you want more information on this bug. I hope they fix it soon.
pris.a

Post by pris.a »

Sworks wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:50 pm Basically, spelling check while you write (the red underline showing spelling mistake) is bugged in Android when you use accents, so you will have to switch it off until the devs fix it. Read the topic if you want more information on this bug. I hope they fix it soon.
Thank you. I switched off the spelling check and now I can write without problems. I would like to use the spelling check while writing but I can work around it until it is fixed.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (General)”