"This app is blocked"

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
yowlingcat

"This app is blocked"

Post by yowlingcat »

I am trailing TM for Android on my tablet. I would like to link it to my Google Drive, but when I tap to log in, choose my account and click to proceed, I get a red triangle saying "This app is blocked. This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access."

This happens with both my work and my private accounts.

Help please?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "This app is blocked"

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our developer team.
yowlingcat

Post by yowlingcat »

Problem solved: you need to authorise the app in the Admin Console. Dunno why, never had to do that before, but it now accesses my Drive files ok.

YC
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the results, and it's good to know that your problem is resolved.

Please let us know if you are using Google Workspace account or personal ? If you are using a personal(non-workspace) account, please share the steps you followed.
yowlingcat

Post by yowlingcat »

I use Google Workspace, the paid for version, not the free version. Often it is a real pain as it imposes all sorts of extra security and makes it harder to use than a personal account.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

The latest revision 1037 of TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentations for Android optionally lets you use Android's system file dialog instead of the internal file dialog. This should allow you to access all cloud storage providers, as long as the corresponding app from the respective cloud provider is installed.

You turn this feature on via the "Appearance" tab in the Options dialog, checkbox "Use system file dialog".

Since this feature is still experimental, we welcome your feedback.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (General)”