Subscription rule

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
enonod

Subscription rule

Post by enonod »

I believe that despite having purchased the full version for Windows, it does not permit full printing etc. use of Android version, while NX does. This seems a little unfair if I am correct.
Am I?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Subscription rule

Post by martin-k »

SoftMaker Office 2021 comes with licenses for Windows, Mac and Linux.

SoftMaker Office NX comes with licenses for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android.

Sorry, we cannot include Android in the purchase version, since Google Play offers no mechanism for selling upgrades. All upgrades are free on Google Play, which means that by giving you the Android version once, we have to give you all future new versions for free. This does not make sense commercially to us, and in the long run for the Android users neither because we would lose money on this.

Note however that even the free Android version includes nearly all features for free, mainly except for printing and PDF export. You can install third-party apps to do the printing and the PDF creation. This is less convenient but free.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
enonod

Re: Subscription rule

Post by enonod »

Thank you for that, which I now fully understand.
As a matter of interest, it has proved remarkably brilliant, once you set the paper size parameters to the smartphone screen size in mm and use a 1mm margin. No sidewise scrolling.
It is excellent on Windows, by also doing the above, one can transfer manuals (or whatever) which when transferred to Android (converted to pdf), fit perfectly.
I have transferred all my camera and flash help files this way (with internal hyperlinks) and can carry them in my pocket, where they are readable without zooming or sidewise movement. Took a bit of work but worth it.
Thank you for the Android version being so comprehensive.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (General)”