Physical keyboard layout broken in DeX mode

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
hungtran

Physical keyboard layout broken in DeX mode

Post by hungtran »

Hi, I am using Samsung DeX with a S20FE, Skull n Co dock, 1080p 24" Samsung monitor, a wireless kb/mouse combo. With other Office solutions, physical keyboard works and I can type Vietnamese fine, but with all Softmaker Office products, I can't type in Vietnamese. I can't even switch the keyboard layout while inside the software. This means I can't use all the Office products, which is a shame because otherwise the features are great.

If there's anything I can provide further to help diagnose this, let me know. One thing I noticed is that while typing Vietnamese, the characters typed would be underlined until I complete the word, but while in SoftMaker's Office products, the characters aren't underlined.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Physical keyboard layout broken in DeX mode

Post by SuperTech »

Please click on ribbon command File | Options | General tab| Enable the option "Extended support for Asian fonts" | Click the check mark (OK) on right top and then try to type with your keyboard. If you are still getting this problem, please share a screen recording for better understanding of the problem.
hungtran

Post by hungtran »

Hi, turning on extended support doesn't do anything for my problem.

Please view the video to understand more the issue: https://youtu.be/afU7z48zSpo
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for trying the step and for sharing the screen recording.

I am sorry to inform you that I have checked with our developer team that currently Vietnamese is not supported on SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android. I have forwarded this feature request to our product management...

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (General)”