Support for Onedrive

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
razazaidi1

Support for Onedrive

Post by razazaidi1 »

Dear :

During the Beta phase I had also made several requests to provide support for Onedrive

However even in the final version we do not see that

Can we expect this in the future?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Support for Onedrive

Post by martin-k »

We are working on this. This is a bit tricky, so it wasn't ready for the initial release.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
razazaidi1

Post by razazaidi1 »

Glad to see you have not given up on this 😊

Hope it comes soon as Onedrive is probably the most popular cloud storage

Thanks
seasidepb

Post by seasidepb »

Yes I'd like to second that request. I'd love to use Textmaker on my phone rather than Office, but it's not really going to be viable until there's support for OneDrive (where I keep all my work in progress).
razazaidi1

Post by razazaidi1 »

Hope you guys have not given up on this 😉
seasidepb

Post by seasidepb »

Lack of OneDrive support was initially a showstopper for me. It was one reason why I continued to use Word from time to time, because the sync with my phone was impressive. But having yet again lost a significant document because of a power outage (and Word is completely unreliable offlline) I have no desire to touch it again, and it's made me realise that I might need to revise my view of the cloud service(s) I use. I've historically shied away from using Google stuff, but the demise of Windows Phone left me little choice for many things. And I've been discovering that many developers struggle to integrate with Microsoft equivalents (eg Todoist, which itself is far superior to MS ToDo). So I moved with some reluctance to Google Calendar, and now I've started using Drive for work in progress, which means I can use Softmaker's Android apps instead of Office. I don't like having to run two cloud services on my PC, and Drive seems RAM hungry, but I'll take the trade off, at least until things improve with OneDrive et al (is MS cagey about sharing APIs?). It's sad for me because I've been using Word since DOS days, but it just seems to get worse and worse and as a standalone user its development has gone wholly in the wrong direction.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (General)”