Support for Onedrive

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
razazaidi1

Support for Onedrive

Post by razazaidi1 »

Dear :

During the Beta phase I had also made several requests to provide support for Onedrive

However even in the final version we do not see that

Can we expect this in the future?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Support for Onedrive

Post by martin-k »

We are working on this. This is a bit tricky, so it wasn't ready for the initial release.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
razazaidi1

Post by razazaidi1 »

Glad to see you have not given up on this 😊

Hope it comes soon as Onedrive is probably the most popular cloud storage

Thanks
seasidepb

Post by seasidepb »

Yes I'd like to second that request. I'd love to use Textmaker on my phone rather than Office, but it's not really going to be viable until there's support for OneDrive (where I keep all my work in progress).
razazaidi1

Post by razazaidi1 »

Hope you guys have not given up on this 😉
seasidepb

Post by seasidepb »

Lack of OneDrive support was initially a showstopper for me. It was one reason why I continued to use Word from time to time, because the sync with my phone was impressive. But having yet again lost a significant document because of a power outage (and Word is completely unreliable offlline) I have no desire to touch it again, and it's made me realise that I might need to revise my view of the cloud service(s) I use. I've historically shied away from using Google stuff, but the demise of Windows Phone left me little choice for many things. And I've been discovering that many developers struggle to integrate with Microsoft equivalents (eg Todoist, which itself is far superior to MS ToDo). So I moved with some reluctance to Google Calendar, and now I've started using Drive for work in progress, which means I can use Softmaker's Android apps instead of Office. I don't like having to run two cloud services on my PC, and Drive seems RAM hungry, but I'll take the trade off, at least until things improve with OneDrive et al (is MS cagey about sharing APIs?). It's sad for me because I've been using Word since DOS days, but it just seems to get worse and worse and as a standalone user its development has gone wholly in the wrong direction.
cwatkins

Post by cwatkins »

It's been eight months since someone at Softmaker said that they were working on support for OneDrive and we have heard nothing.
I have been using Softmaker software for many years now, but it's getting close to the point where I give up. Without OneDrive and Google Drive support in Android I am seriously thinking that I need to move to something else that gives me good cloud synchronisation without costing a fortune. I get that MS and Google are trying hard to force users towards their apps, but why show a link to Google Drive in Textmaker when it doesn't actually work? At least there is no link to OneDrive showing to temp users in to another black hole!
In order to help me make a decision, can someone at Softmaker tell us whether Google Drive and OneDrive support will ever be available in the Android versions of Office:Textmake and Office:PlanMaker?
Galaxy S7, Galaxy Tab S3, Asus PC with W11
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Google Drive is working fine with SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android. Please let us know if you are getting any problem with that.

For OneDrive and other options, we are still working on it.
cwatkins

Post by cwatkins »

SuperTech - thanks for the reply!
However, I have re-installed, rebooted, reconfigured and generally tried everything I can to access Google Drive from within Textmaker (2021 - IME (rev S1035.0916.221) 64bit). Every time I select Google Drive to load or save a file I am asked to choose a Google account, which I do, but after a short time I am told 'This app is blocked'
I have linked Google Drive to other apps on my Samsung tablet (SM-T820 running Android V9) as a test and they all have been granted access to Google Drive, so I don't believe it's a problem with the tablet, Google or Android. It seems to be a problem with Softmaker apps!
Any advice as to what I can do would be much appreciated!
Galaxy S7, Galaxy Tab S3, Asus PC with W11
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this error with device details. I have forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation of this problem.
vikingson

Post by vikingson »

Just want to second that we need good cloud support. Google Drive recently stopped working for me across my devices. The only other cloud storage option for me with Softmaker would be Onedrive. I'm back to using Google Docs. Without Cloud support Softmaker Android is of little use for me.
razazaidi1

Post by razazaidi1 »

Really a long time now that this request was made that is for Onedrive support

Don't know if this is ever going to happen

Will appreciate your input if any
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

The latest revision 1037 of TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentations for Android optionally lets you use Android's system file dialog instead of the internal file dialog. This should allow you to access all cloud storage providers, as long as the corresponding app from the respective cloud provider is installed.

You turn this feature on via the "Appearance" tab in the Options dialog, checkbox "Use system file dialog".

Since this feature is still experimental, we welcome your feedback.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
vikingson

Post by vikingson »

System file dialog box is checked and Onedrive is installed but I can't find a way to access my file in Onedrive on Textmaker :(

Edit: Nevermind, after unchecking and checking it again it finally showed up.

Edit 2: Second time I tried to open the docx file from Onedrive it says: File format not supported on Texmaker :( Seems like this should be much easier than it is.
SharpSA

Post by SharpSA »

I can open xlsx from OneDrive but how can I save it there? When I want to save document i can't choose OneDrive. I can chose Google Drive and phone's storage only.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (General)”