Menu structure question

General questions and reports about SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android
Woody44

Menu structure question

Post by Woody44 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:17 am

Disclaimer: I don't actually have the beta version. I signed up for it when it was first announced, but for reasons I don't remember I wasn't able to download and install it. What I have on my tablet (a Samsung Tab something) is the version from a couple of years ago. That has a "classic" menu structure like Microsoft Office 2003 -- which I still prefer. I have FreeOffice 2018 on my desktop computers and, on that, I have it configured to use the classic menu structure, not the ribbon.

So, I was a bit surprised to see this in the description of the SoftMaker Office HD app on the Google Playstore:
Intuitive operation on smartphones and tablets: TextMaker always provides an ideal user experience, regardless of whether you're using it on your smartphone or a tablet. On the phone, you can use the practical toolbars with a single finger. On your tablet, you work with ribbons like the ones you know from your PC.
Is that the only choice? The desktop version defaults to the ribbon (UGH!) interface, but it's easy to change over. Does the new Office HD for Android allow the user to change to a classic menu interface? If not, that's a deal breaker for me.

lama

Re: Menu structure question

Post by lama » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:02 am

:roll: i wouldn't ask this question of yours without properly exploring (but since you don't have the app at all),..

You can change it to classic (see the screenshot)

By the way, they removed "HD" from their app name :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210417-090005_Office TextMaker.png
Screenshot_20210417-085945_Office TextMaker.png

Woody44

Re: Menu structure question

Post by Woody44 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:20 am

That's good news. Thank you.

Return to “BETA: SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android (general)”