Dropbox list not refreshing

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Dropbox list not refreshing

Post by SuperTech »

Please leave the Beta and reinstall SoftMaker Office 2021 for Android by following this link : Leave Beta

And then try to check this again.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi. I have left the beta program, uninstalled the beta and installed the latest version however the problem remains - nothing has changed. The refresh button does not make any difference. It's the same on all 3 Office apps and on both my Android devices. For some reason the SoftMaker apps are not interacting correctly with my Dropbox root files/folders. Note that it's only new files and folders in the Dropbox root folder that have been added or changed since I installed the first beta version taht do not appear in the open dialog. Very puzzling! Graham
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I again checked with multiple devices and found it's working fine. Please create a free Dropbox account for testing and check this feature with this new free account. Please try this step with renaming SoftMaker folder which is in internal storage. This will refresh your settings also for testing.
Graham

Post by Graham »

OK thanks for the reply. I've done as you suggested and created a new Dropbox account using an email that I don't normally use and renamed the Softmaker folder in internal memory. I've logged into the new Dropbox account and I can see that Textmaker has created a new Softmaker folder. And everything appears to be working fine! I cannot reproduce the fault.
However when I go back to my normal Dropbox account I still have the same problem as previously. There seems to be something about my Dropbox that the Softmaker apps don't like. Other Android apps work fine and all files and folders are visible (Dropbox app, Solid Explorer, Adobe Reader, MS Word). Maybe I have too many folders (55) and/or files (103) in my Dropbox root? I cannot simply use the newly created account as it has only 2 GB whereas my normal account has 7GB although it is a free account.
It remains a mystery, but if others are not having a problem as well, I can live with it.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for testing and confirming that with new account SoftMaker Office is working fine.

I also checked my Dropbox account by adding 150 folders and 152+ files and all folders containing file. I added files in root folder and found refresh button is also working fine.
Rupert111

Post by Rupert111 »

I've tried to leave the beta testing trough that link. It seems easy but it doesn't work, so I cannot install the new vanilla version because it seems I'm always in beta, even if I have fully uninstalled. HELP, that seems a bit crazy...
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please follow all the instructions mentioned in the post step by step, and please let us know at which point you stuck in leaving Beta so that we can help you.

Return to “BETA: SoftMaker Office for Android (general)”