Dropbox list not refreshing

Graham

Dropbox list not refreshing

Post by Graham » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:34 am

I'm having difficulty with Dropbox. I connected the apps to Dropbox ok and can see and open files using Textmaker/Planmaker/Presentation. However the Dropbox list doesn't seem to refresh and when I add a new file or folder in Dropbox, either from the Android app or from a PC, it doesn't appear on the list if I try to open it from the android app. If I created and saved a doc to Dropbox from the Android app, I can open it from the Recent Documents list, but new folders or files don't appear in the Dropbox list. Such files or folders are correctly saved to Dropbox and I can see and access them from my PC or the Android Dropbox app, but they don't show up in the Textmaker etc app file lists.

I've tried logging out of Dropbox and back in again but that didn't help.

Since playing around with this, some of the files and folders I created have started to show up in Texmaker, but folders and files created in the root folder of Dropbox stubbornly refuse to appear.

It seems that the Dropbox list isn't being refreshed. This behaviour is the same in all 3 apps. Is there a way to force a refresh?

thanks
Graham

Graham

Re: Dropbox list not refreshing

Post by Graham » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:33 am

I'm still having an issue with new files or folders or renamed files or folders in the root folder of Dropbox not being shown in the Open or Save dialogues of Textmaker, Planmaker and Presentions. This includes files or folders created in Dropbox by Textmaker.

For example, if I rename a folder in the root folder of Dropbox on my PC, when I try to open in Textmaker that folder has disappeared. Or, if I create a new folder or file on my PC, it does not appear in Texmaker's open dialogue.

The changes are made correctly in Dropbox and can be seen on a PC or in the Android Dropbox app but cannot be seen in the Textmaker Open dialogue.

It seems to be a problem only with changes made in the root folder of Dropbox.

I've tried logging out to Dropbox and back in, also re-installing Textmaker.

It's the same on my Samsung Tab S and my Samsung S9 phone.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 pm

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please update your app to 1026 revision and then try again. If this problem again occurs, please press and hold app icon > App info > Clear data > Confirm and then try it again.

Graham

Post by Graham » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 am

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't help. I was already using rev 1026. I've cleared the data and cache as suggested. When I then start the app, it asks for app permissions again (as expected) and when I try to open a file from Dropbox it asks for permission to use Dropbox (also as expected and granted). However files and folders in the root of Dropbox that have been changed or added since I first installed Textmaker etc do not appear in the Open dialogue.

I can see them in the Dropbox app and also Solid Explorer and can open them in Texmaker from there.

When I go to Dropbox in the Open dialogue, there is a spinning circle and message Transferring data so it appears to check back to Dropbox but somehow it's not refreshing.

It's the same on all 3 Office apps and on both my devices.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Could you check if global synchronization or dropbox synchronization is turned on?

You may see it by going to the Android Settings App > Accounts and Synchronization (or something like that)
1. Check if automatic synchronization is turned ON
2. Check if Dropbox synchronization is turned ON

Graham

Post by Graham » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:37 am

I couldn't find this setting in either of my devices.
Tab S - nearest is Accounts - includes Dropbox but no information or options re syncing. Only option is to Remove account.
S9 - nearest Account and backup - Accounts - 'Auto sync data' is on & Dropbox showing "Sync account" & in grey "Sync off for all items". Only option is to Remove account.

As noted previously, it's only files and folders in the root folder of Dropbox that don't appear. Any changes or creations in other Dropbox folders are fine.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:47 am

Thanks for trying the steps. Please send us screen recording or screenshots of your Dropbox and SoftMaker Office Open dialog which shows that files are not in sync. Also, share your sminfo file which you can generate by clicking on Help '?' > About > Write system information.

Hook

Post by Hook » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:41 pm

For what it's worth, I am using Dropbox and cannot reproduce any of the problems described here. Everything is working here.

Using a Moto G8 Power with Android 10. Files or folders created in root od Dropbox appear instantly in Textmaker for Android whether created on phone or PC.

Graham

Post by Graham » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:09 pm

Here are some screenshots & sminfo.txt. They show 2 folders (AAPB & BBPB Copy) existing in Dropbox but not appearing in Texmaker.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(185.29 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
InkedScreenshot_2021-01-31-14-39-50_LI.jpg
Dropbox folder list
InkedScreenshot_2021-01-31-14-40-15_LI.jpg
Textmaker open dialogue

Graham

Post by Graham » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:13 pm

More screen grabs showing 3 files & 1 folder existing in Dropbox but not appearing in Textmaker.
Attachments
InkedScreenshot_2021-01-31-14-40-37_LI.jpg
Dropbox (root) files
InkedScreenshot_2021-01-31-14-41-22_LI.jpg
Textmaker

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:17 am

Thanks for sharing screenshots and sminfo. I was unable to reproduce the problem, but I have forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation.

Graham

Post by Graham » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:35 am

The problem with being unable to see recently created files and folders in the root folder of Dropbox persists for me. I know that SuperTech and Hook were unable to replicate this so perhaps there is something odd with my Dropbox (it's a free account). As the behaviour is identical on my 2 devices, it seems unlikely to be related to device or app settings. Other apps are able to see and access all Dropbox files normally. My work-around is to use Solid Explorer to access the file or folder and open in Textmaker etc from Solid Explorer.

I just wanted to flag that it's still an unresolved issue for me.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:00 am

Our developers team has fixed this problem by adding a refresh button in the file dialog and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office.

Graham

Post by Graham » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:10 am

Great to hear. Thanks. I'll look forward to the next service pack.

Graham

Post by Graham » Tue May 04, 2021 5:50 am

I can see that a Refresh button has been added in the latest version however unfortunately this has not resolved the problem that I am having as detailed in earlier posts.

Return to “BETA: SoftMaker Office for Android (general)”