Turn off hyphenate words at end of a line

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
stefanmaine

Turn off hyphenate words at end of a line

Post by stefanmaine »

I have Textmaker Professional 2021 for Mac on Ventura 13

How can I turn OFF Textmaker's breaking words with a hyphen at the end of a line? That is, if a word doesn't fit at the end of a line of text, instruct Textmaker not to hyphenate it, but to carry the word intact (not hyphenated) over to a new line.

And if there is a way to do so, can it be set to be "Permanent" — that is, not having to reset the app every time I open Textmaker?

Thank you.
romad

Re: Turn off hyphenate words at end of a line

Post by romad »

In TextMaker>Preferences(Options)>Language do you have "Use automatic hyphenation" checked?
Dennis Swaney
Prescott, Arizona USA

"Cogito Ergo Mac"
stefanmaine

Post by stefanmaine »

"do you have 'Use automatic hyphenation' checked?"

No.

See attached PNG.

hyphen.png
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Either the praragraph format or the option Tools > Automatic hyphenation (which applies to the document currently open) may override the global option "Use automatic hyphenation".
So you should first check if Tools > Automatic hyphenation is turned off and then check the paragraph style "Normal" in the right sidebar (select "Normal", go to "Edit...", tab "Text flow", and set "Hyphenation" to "None").
If you want all your future documents without hyphenation, open the document template "Normal.tmvx" (choose File Type "Templates (*.tmvx, *.tmv)" in the "Open" dialog), change the paragraph style "Normal" there and save the template again.
stefanmaine

Post by stefanmaine »

Thank you.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac (General)”