Emoji support

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Jop

Emoji support

Post by Jop »

Besides the decrepit Apache OpenOffice, this is the only office suite I've tried that doesn't support emoji's yet. They display as squares or as random Chinese characters. On the iOS version you can't open the emoji keyboard at all.

Besides the built-in emoji font from Apple, Microsoft or Google, you can also display emoji's with the open source Twemoji or OpenMoji fonts, or the commercial JoyPixels font.
Twemoji is used by this very forum 😇🎮👺👄🧑‍🦰👗🐸🔫

For ease of entering emoji's, you could put an emoji picker under the "Insert" tab next to the special characters button.
Touch Bar support would be nice too for people who have a MacBook Pro.
But that's not essential, as you can also just copy and paste emoji's into your document. I consider being able to display emoji's properly essential however.
An emoji like 😉 can completely change the meaning of a sentence, so not rendering them can cause misunderstandings.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Emoji support

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have forwarded this improvement suggestion to our product management.
Jop

Post by Jop »

Disappointed that SoftMaker Office 2024 still does not implement this.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

We have implemented many new and advanced features in SoftMaker Office 2024.

I have already forwarded this improvement suggestion, so please allow us some more time.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac (General)”