Transferring data from MS Office to SoftMaker Office

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
KNIGHT391

Transferring data from MS Office to SoftMaker Office

Post by KNIGHT391 »

I am presently using MicroSoft Office 365 and no longer want to renew my subscription. Will I be able to either access/save to/import my Excel and Word data with SoftMaker Office 2021?
Bob
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Transferring data from MS Office to SoftMaker Office

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, SoftMaker Office provides seamless compatibility with Microsoft Office so that you can access/edit/save your existing MS-Office formats like DOCX, XLSX, PPTX and many more without any problem.
CareyCarson

Post by CareyCarson »

And can you briefly tell me exactly how I can save all the data, because so far I can't do it)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

For existing MS-Office files, you can simply open with SoftMaker Office 2021 and then after editing you can press Save button to save the changes.

For new files, you can simply press the save button and then select MS-Office file extensions in the field "Save as type". This will make this file MS-Office compatible.

If you have your data saved on Microsoft cloud, then you have to download it to your Mac first.
Jop

Post by Jop »

CareyCarson wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:46 am And can you briefly tell me exactly how I can save all the data, because so far I can't do it)
I think if you install Microsoft OneDrive on your Mac and log in with your Microsoft account it will download your documents automatically. You can also use Cyberduck, an unofficial alternative client.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac (General)”