File is in use or write protected

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
meatychunks

File is in use or write protected

Post by meatychunks »

Hi,
After installing Softmaker on my mac (OS10.14.6) I find that every file I open prompts a message stating that the file is in use, or is write protected - do I want to open a copy of it?

This is occurring on files on the local machine, as well as files served via NFS from a home server. I have full read/write permissions and ownership of the files.

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: File is in use or write protected

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please restart your Mac once and then check.

If problem persist, please share a screenshot of the error message and sminfo file, which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information.
meatychunks

Post by meatychunks »

Thanks for the response.

Tried restarting, and still having problems. Please see attachments as requested.
Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 11.58.14.png
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(312.68 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing screenshot and sminfo. Please check if you are able to open and edit these files in another app or not. Please also check your Gatekeeper settings/Antivirus software for SoftMaker apps because there are possibilities that macOS/Antivirus is blocking SoftMaker apps from reading the files.

Please try these steps:
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
2. Select Files and Folders.
3. Select the tickbox below SoftMaker app to allow it to access files and folders in that location.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac (General)”