Questions before making purchase decision

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
solo

Questions before making purchase decision

Post by solo »

I have a few purchasing questions which I posed to "support" by email but have not heard back so I thought I would ask here

Question #1:

If I subscribe to NX Home and later decide to purchase Standard or Professional:

Is there any kind of credit/discount towards the later purchase of Standard or Professional?

Question #2:

If I subscribe to NX Home and later decide to purchase Standard or Professional:

Will I be able to retain all my customizations?

Question #3:

If I purchase Standard or Professional 2021 and there is an upgrade, how long do I have from time of purchase to

a) upgrade at no cost?

and

b) upgrade at a discount?

Question #4:

Other than the subscription model, is there any difference between

a) "Office NX Home" and "Office Standard 2021"?

and secondly between

b) "Office NX Universal" and "Office Professional 2021"?

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Questions before making purchase decision

Post by SuperTech »

Here are the answers of your questions:

Answer #1:

No, as subscription and purchase both are different models of licensing, so you will be unable to upgrade and will have to purchase full version without any discount etc.

Answer #2:

Yes, as subscription and purchase both are models of licensing only, you will be able to keep your customizations of available feature.

Answer #3:

Upgrades (older version to newer) never come free of cost but all the updates (new revision/service pack of the same version) will be free for you with your full purchase of the product.

Normally, there is no time limit for an upgrade purchase, but we can't say anything about the future.

Also, I want to mention here additional information that subscription or NX is a version independent licensing system. So, if you get subscription, you will be able to use any version using that product key and there will be no need of upgrade of subscription. Subscription charges may also change with time.

Answer #4:

Yes, different editions of the software have different sets of features. For more details please visit our product page : SoftMaker Office 2021

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac (General)”