Files created on trial versions can't be opened

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
spira_post

Files created on trial versions can't be opened

Post by spira_post »

We are currently testing Softmaker Office 2021 on two of our 10 employees computers (all Macs) since we're looking at moving away from Microsoft Office and their prohibitive licensing.

We had a problem when a file created in Planmaker on one computer would not open on an other. We both had the same version of Planmaker (PlanMaker Trial 2021 (rev S1018.0818)). We since then both updated to TextMaker Trial 2021 (rev S1020.0909) 64bit and new files created can be opened on both computers. We saved the documents as .xlsx, since we need to share those documents with people still in the MS ecosystem. If I open the file in LibreOffice and save it from there, I can open it again in Planmaker (but this would not be an acceptable long term solution). This problem does not happen at all when we save as .xls

Here is the error message we got:

" This document was not created with this trial version and therefore cannot be opened. Please use the full version of Planmaker or the version you used to create this document. "

So, is this a bug or a limitation of the trial version? Would the full version display the same behavior?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Files created on trial versions can't be opened

Post by martin-k »

This is a design limitation of the trial version to avoid serial use of trial version after trial version. If you need a version without that limitation, please contact us at sales (at) softmaker.com
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
spira_post

Re: Files created on trial versions can't be opened

Post by spira_post »

That makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply. I will contact sales.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Mac (General)”