Open several files

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Oli

Open several files

Post by Oli »

It seems it's not possible to open several files at the same time. Only "solution": open twice the application (textmaker).

At the present time, if I am working on a document "doc1" and opens another one, following occurs:
1. the "doc1" is saved on the harddisk (without asking me if I agree)
2. it is closed
3. the "doc2" is opened instead of it.

The best would definitely be able to have two documents opened at the same time – as MS Office does it.
If not, Textedit should warn us about it and – if required – ask us if the currently opened document has to be saved.

I've already lost data because of this problem.
Thanks
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Open several files

Post by miguel-c »

SoftMaker Office doesn't save or close files without the user's permission. Another window is simply opened and perhaps you aren't noticing that the old one is still there.

It's likely the "New program window" option is enabled under File > Open.
If you disable it, you'll be able to open multiple files on the same window, under different tabs.
Oli

Re: Open several files

Post by Oli »

Thank you for your answer. You are right: the software opens the second document in another tab.
I didn't see the tabs the two days I tried to open several documents at the same time. I probably didn't look good enough.

Please, consider this call as closed, and tanks for your help!

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”