Importing a GPG key to install Office 2021 in Fedora

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Colonel Panic

Importing a GPG key to install Office 2021 in Fedora

Post by Colonel Panic »

Hi there. I'm tryng to install Softmaker 2021 in Fedora from a manual package using the instructions provided here;

"Alternative: Manual installation

Our RPM installation packages are digitally signed. Before installing SoftMaker Office, you should download our public GPG key:

Open a shell or terminal window and enter this command to import the GPG key:

sudo rpm --import ./linux-repo-public.key

Note: If you have not downloaded the GPG key to the current folder, replace ./ with the path to the key file.

Do not skip this step, or else installation will fail with the obscure error message "Internal error" flashing shortly on the screen.

Then install SoftMaker Office by right-clicking on the RPM installation package and choosing "Open with", then "YaST Software." Press Accept to start the installation.

When a service pack is released, you can install it in the same way",

but when I tried to import the GPG key given on your site I got this error message;

Policy rejects 3413DA98AA3E7F5E: No binding signature at time 2023-04-13T10:40:18Z

How do I correct this please?

I must admit I have not the faintest idea how GPG works but I understand it's some sort of encryption protocol.

Thanks in advance,

Colonel Panic.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Importing a GPG key to install Office 2021 in Fedora

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Please share a screenshot of the error you are getting during installation.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”