SoftMaker Google Drive Integration under Crostini

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
neildorf

SoftMaker Google Drive Integration under Crostini

Post by neildorf »

Even though SoftMaker Office 2021 is not officially supported running under Crostini (Linux container in ChromeOS), I have found that the applications work well (with one workaround in PlanMaker that I posted about.)

This post is about finding out that GDrive integration is working surprisingly well. Here's how:

If you need file cross-compatibility with other users who are using native GDrive, save your PM sheets as .xlsx and TM docs as .docx.
Navigate with the native ChromeOS Files app to the folder, right-click and choose to Share with Linux.

Now, within TM or PM in the Save or Save As menu, choose Quick Paths and Create new Quick Path. Then in the 3 dots menu browse to the Google Drive folder and set this as a quick path. You can also get there on a one-time basis by using the Browse button. Once you have the Quick Path saved, then while working in PM or TM you can open a (compatible) file from or save to that quick path folder in Google Drive. Saving takes a monent to allow your system to "sync."

Hope this is helpful to someone.

I think that I\it means that some form of collaboration can be possible using Google Drive with SoftMaker apps, but I haven't tested if the file being edited is locked to other users during that time.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”