New to Softmaker Office, long time Freeoffice user

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Tom from Detroit

New to Softmaker Office, long time Freeoffice user

Post by Tom from Detroit »

Hello all,

I would like to thank you for providing Softmaker Office. I use it on Linux Mint desktop and a Windows 10 laptop, both run without any hiccups or problems.

As a pensioner on a fixed income I appreciate the upgrade offer. The price was a pittance for what you have provided. I shouldn’t need any support. All the features I could want are already there.

The file manager included already has all the functionality I could have asked for and the real reason I upgraded. The question I have is if you open TextMaker and then close the empty document, only the the File and the Help pull down menus remain. Why wasn’t the file manager included under the File menu? The File Manager can be opened using F12 so it’s not a problem but it does seem like an oversight. I used to design human-machine interfaces for process control, I know how spirited arguments can get over what and how information is presented to the user. It would be interesting to see if there was a reason to omit it!

Thanks again for a great product.

Tom Stenzel
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: New to Softmaker Office, long time Freeoffice user

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post and for upgrading to SoftMaker Office 2021. When there is no open file, there is very minimal interface provided with the features of creating new file and opening existing files.

Mostly users use open button to open existing files, that's why only this button is provided, but I have forwarded this to our product management...

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”