Switching Distros. Can I use the same license?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
PasFier

Switching Distros. Can I use the same license?

Post by PasFier »

Hello.
I have purchased the professional license and 5 different laptops are currently using said license.
My issue is, i am planning to switch to another Linux distribution on my personal laptop, which would involve formatting my device altogether and start fresh. The new distribution is supported by your software, but I was wondering about this answer given to another user in another thread https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=392&t=20551 before:
The limit of 5 devices doesn't include the repeat installation on the same device. e.g. if you reinstall Linux and SoftMaker Office 2021 on one device 5 times that will be counted as one device only.
Does this still apply in my case, where i am switching distros in the same laptop i currently have the license activated?
If yes, are there some steps to follow as to avoid losing the license? (Something like, uninstalling the software before formatting the device)
If not, would i be required to buy another license for another 5 devices, despite the amount of laptops with SM office is the same?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Switching Distros. Can I use the same license?

Post by SuperTech »

PasFier wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:27 pm https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=392&t=20551 before:
The limit of 5 devices doesn't include the repeat installation on the same device. e.g. if you reinstall Linux and SoftMaker Office 2021 on one device 5 times that will be counted as one device only.
Does this still apply in my case, where i am switching distros in the same laptop i currently have the license activated?
If yes, are there some steps to follow as to avoid losing the license? (Something like, uninstalling the software before formatting the device)
Yes, this will be counted as one device as mentioned.

There is no need to do any additional steps. Our servers are very advanced, intelligent and will detect the changes to adjust accordingly.

If you face any problem, please contact our technical support team on our email ID support[at]softmaker.com.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”