preserving license during system upgrade

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
m3city

preserving license during system upgrade

Post by m3city »

Hi,

I have Office 2021 installed on Linux Mint 20.3 (and it works flawlessly btw;). But now a new release came up, Linux Mint v21. There is an upgrade path between these version but throughout the process all external packages need to removed first. Now, if I allow that and reinstall Office afterwards, then I will have to use my product key again, correct? I believe my license was for 5 machines, and I've already used 3 of them. Is there a way to, let say - archive and reuse that one license? The upgrade is not necessary as v20.3 is a Long Term Support anyway so I might just leave this machine at this version if carrying over Office's license is not possible.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: preserving license during system upgrade

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your queries. Reactivation is not required after operating system upgrade or reinstallation of SoftMaker Office.

You have license of 5 devices (if non-commercial use) so if you get any problem, please email us support[at]softaker.com.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”