Bug: Keyboard shortcut issues with multiple layouts

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
cookiemonster

Bug: Keyboard shortcut issues with multiple layouts

Post by cookiemonster »

Hello,
I am using the latest version of Gnome (41.4) with Wayland on Arch Linux.
I have Gnome setup with two keyboard layouts, and I can switch between them at any time.
When I am using the 2nd keyboard layout (ie. the one that isn't automatically activated when I login), SoftMaker interprets keyboard shortcuts as though I am using the 1st keyboard layout (ie. the one that is automatically activated when I login).
This is only for keyboard shortcuts; typing works fine on both keyboard layouts.
This happens even when I have changed the keyboard layout to the 2nd layout in Gnome before I open SoftMaker Office.
Do you know why this is happening?
Thanks! :)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Bug: Keyboard shortcut issues with multiple layouts

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Please share complete details of the problem with steps involved so that we can try to reproduce the problem at our end.
cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

Install Softmaker Office 2021 from the AUR on Arch Linux with Gnome (uses a Wayland session by default), go to the Keyboard settings in Gnome and add another input source (eg. Dvorak or Colemak), try using keyboard shortcuts in SoftMaker Office with both keyboard layouts (eg. Qwerty and Dvorak)
You should find that the keyboard shortcuts don't work properly on the 2nd keyboard layout.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing complete details. Unfortunately, we cannot test all possible Linux distributions. We officially support only the following:

Debian
Ubuntu
Linux Mint
Manjaro
Fedora
openSUSE

This list is updated on our website also: Tips & tricks

You should bring up Arch related questions in the Arch forums.
cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

The same problem occurs on Ubuntu 21.10 after I have installed SoftMaker Office using the recommended instructions and set up the multiple keyboard layouts in Gnome Settings as described above.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for trying with Ubuntu, but I am still unable to reproduce this problem, as it worked fine without any problem. Did you switch keyboard layout?

Please check if you are able to use the second keyboard layout with other apps also like browser etc.

Please share the exact steps with name of keyboard layout and the key combination so that we can try to reproduce the problem at our end. Screen recording of the problem will be very helpful in understanding the problem.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”