Password Protected Documents: [Resolved]

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
krisman

Password Protected Documents: [Resolved]

Post by krisman »

Is there a way to allow the copying passwords from my password manager and pasting them into the password box of a protected document. I find it frustrating that I have not been able to do this whereas I can in Libre Office.
Last edited by krisman on Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Password Protected Documents:

Post by SuperTech »

Please check if your password manager allow copy the password as SoftMaker Office 2021 allow pasting the password as simple text without any problem.
krisman

Post by krisman »

My password manager is KeepassXC. There appears to me no references in the program's settings relating to Softmaker nor to the issue in general. I think the issue is within Softmaker Office because when I try to open any protected document and the 'Enter the read password' text box appears, right clicking it produces a menu with all items greyed out (i.e. Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete,Select all and Undo) even when I am not attempting to use the password manager. I am forced to type in the password which means, if I had a malicious keylogger on my system, it would be able to copy my passwords.

I've searched through Softmaker preferences but cannot find anything related to my issue - I wonder if other users have experienced the same or is it just me?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can copy the password from the source with any method and in SoftMaker Office's password prompt paste your password using Ctrl+V.
krisman

Re: Password Protected Documents: [Resolved]

Post by krisman »

Hi SuperTech,

Thanks, you have resolved my dilemma, using the keyboard shortcut for 'Paste' does work for me. I had not thought of trying that as normally I just copy the item I want to paste and then right click the mouse and select 'Paste' after setting the cursor in the target box. I had wrongly assumed the two paste methods were completely interchangeable but clearly this is not always the case. :( :) :D

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”