Equation Editor, and Mathematical Formulas in Linux Version of Softmaker (or Freemaker) ... is ever going to happen??

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Sacolevas

Equation Editor, and Mathematical Formulas in Linux Version of Softmaker (or Freemaker) ... is ever going to happen??

Post by Sacolevas »

Hello!

I am using FreeOffice in Linux since 2019 and I like the fact that the editor has good compatibility with .docx files and is lightweight compared with Libreoffice. In my opinion, the existence of a Microsoft Office alternative is more important in Linux than in Windows, because most people using Windows have access to a version of Office one way or another. And using Office through Wine doesn't work very well.

In office you have either the Equation Editor or the option to use LaTeX notation in Word. In FreeOffice TextMaker you cannot use this, but the main issue is that equation editor doesn't exists even in the paid version in Linux (the advertising says that in Softmaker Office, the Windows version has equation editor but not the Linux version) !!!! :(

This has kept me from buying the Software. It is really that difficult to implement in Linux? As I mentioned before, Softmaker could make an impact in Linux because of the lack of good alternatives (LibreOffice has lots of compatibility issues with Microsoft Office, even if you save documents in ODT format). Without being an Expert, I am aware that AbiWord (which is simpler piece of Software and made for Linux) allows inserting mathematical formulas in LaTeX notation. So this means that implementing the insertion of equations (at least in LaTeX format) in Softmaker is a realistic option, right?

Thanks for your attention and this great Software, I hope this can be done in the near future. I want to buy a great office suite for Linux!
Last edited by Sacolevas on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sacolevas

Re: Equation Editor, and Mathematical Formulas in Linux ... is ever going to happen?

Post by Sacolevas »

Hello, I have edited the previous post in order to be clearer. I hope someone from Softmaker can answer and hopefully the issue can be addressed by someone in the programming department!

Is this a topic of interest for someone else? Hello?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Equation Editor, and Mathematical Formulas in Linux Version of Softmaker (or Freemaker) ... is ever going to happen?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this request to our product management...

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”