Unable to Print Landscape

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Spood

Unable to Print Landscape

Post by Spood »

Hi

Trying to print landscape and the paper orientation remains set to portrait but the printed text etc is landscape, hence an incorrect unusable print job

This does not occur when printing to PDF

This issue does not occur when using/printing from any other application

I have reported this issue to support, but despite providing numerous updates I have not had an update/response for over a month

I do not expect a response within a few hours, but having submitted the issue to customer support on the 13th Jan receiving a response stating it has been referred to the product management team I expected an update within a few days. Instead no response at all!

The problem has not gone away and remains a key issue since I have to copy the files to LibreOffice, adjust any formatting losses and print!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Unable to Print Landscape

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation on this issue.
Spood

[SOLVED] Unable to Print Landscape

Post by Spood »

SOLVED

I already had HPLIP installed V3.20.3 but reinstalled an updated version (V3.20.11)

I carried out the following:-
Went to the HP Website to download Print Driver at:-
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imag ... tall/index

I then followed the installation instructions
When I reached Step 11 I select the GUI option
I went into the Advanced Options and entered the IP Address of my printer to ensure it identified the device on the network
I followed the remaining steps

On completion of the installation process I went to the Settings (Ubuntu) and selected the Printer I had just added as the default
Carried out printing a test page in landscape and it worked!! Solved!

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”