[SOLVED] Numbering glitch after revision 1026 update

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Simorgh

[SOLVED] Numbering glitch after revision 1026 update

Post by Simorgh »

Hi Softmakers,

I don't think there was anything wrong with the numbering feature in Textmaker before the update of 1026 revision.

You can reproduce the glitch by opening a blank document, type few lines with a word or two in each line, toggle numbering for the lines, save the document (in my case .docx) close the document. Open the document and you will see the numbering disappears.
Please advice.

Kind regards.
Last edited by Simorgh on Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Numbering glitch after the latest update

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.
Simorgh

Post by Simorgh »

SuperTech wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:27 pm Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.
Thank you for your reply.
Should I revert back to an earlier version? I have softmaker-office-2021-1022.x86_64.rpm downloaded from before. Should I run and install 1022 for time being?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes please, for sometime revert to previous revision number which you have. Thanks for understanding. :thumbsup:
Simorgh

Post by Simorgh »

SuperTech wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:37 pm Yes please, for sometime revert to previous revision number which you have. Thanks for understanding. :thumbsup:
Thank you for your reply.

I found the 1024 revision through openSUSE YaSt repository and forced an update. I had to redo the numbering in those documents edited or created in 1026 revision, but everything is running smoothly again.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Numbering glitch after revision 1026 update

Post by SuperTech »

The recently released revision 1028 fixes the problem (it only occurred on Mac and Linux).
Simorgh

Re: Numbering glitch after revision 1026 update

Post by Simorgh »

SuperTech wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:29 pm The recently released revision 1028 fixes the problem (it only occurred on Mac and Linux).
Yes, thank you. The revision 1028 addresses this issue.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”