Scaling on 4K monitor

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
niknik1971

Scaling on 4K monitor

Post by niknik1971 »

I am running Softamker Office e2021 (Rev 51022.1108) 64 bit

I have installed on my Ubuntu 20.10 rig, which has a Samsung 4K screen.
As you can see in the screenshots the layout it TINY.

It is so small it is hard to use... nearly impossible!

If i opened a document in Libre office is fine... the layout scales no problem.

Is there a fix (I have tried the system scaling, but that does not help (it does not really sort out the layout in SoftMaker Office and it makes EVERYTHING else I use look TERRIBLE!).

It is a sad day that I am unable to use a product that I paid good money for.

Any help/advice to sort out this problem would be gratefully accepted.

Nik
Attachments
Screenshot at 13-46-15.png
Screenshot at 13-49-48.png
Screenshot at 13-56-43.png
niknik1971

Re: Scaling on 4K monitor

Post by niknik1971 »

Thanks to the amazing support team it is all now sorted.

I am now a happy bunny :)

Nik
Vistaus

Post by Vistaus »

It also doesn't scale correctly on a 1080p 13" screen. See screen shot. As you can see, there's no way to reach the OK and Cancel buttons and some options aren't even on the screen. The config window isn't movable either, which means I cannot configure it.

https://imgur.com/ctvDT6e
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

I am not sure what you expect. You have set a _huge_ screen font in your Linux, so large that our dialog boxes don't fit in there.

You can go to File | Options | Appearance and change the font scaling there. It will then be smaller than in your other Linux programs however.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Vistaus

Post by Vistaus »

martin-k wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:08 pm I am not sure what you expect. You have set a _huge_ screen font in your Linux, so large that our dialog boxes don't fit in there.

You can go to File | Options | Appearance and change the font scaling there. It will then be smaller than in your other Linux programs however.

I have not set a huge screen font and SoftMaker is the only program that has a window that doesn't fit. Changing the font scaling didn't solve it.

For the record: I'm not the only one with the issue as two other people had a similar problem where the font was too big by default, albeit one of them on a 4K screen, but it still shows that something's off with SoftMaker Office's scaling as the issue was about the font being too big: https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=305&t=19397

Edit: unless you judged it by the font size of the panel clock. In that case, that's only because I have a tall panel set. The panel clock scales with the panel, so if I increase the panel height, the clock font scales with it.
Last edited by Vistaus on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vistaus

Post by Vistaus »

In fact, to prove it, here's a screenshot to prove that the system font size (excluding the panel and title bar) is set to 15, which may be a little bit bigger than usual, but it's not by any means *huge* (on most OS's, 13 is a normal font size, so mine is only 2 pt bigger than normal):
https://imgur.com/a/bCBr6DT
The issue remains when using the distro default font, which is Noto Sans, and also with the Ubuntu font, so it's not an issue with this particular font either.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”