Computers Per License and Reinstallation

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
euphonious81

Computers Per License and Reinstallation

Post by euphonious81 »

I am considering upgrading my Softmaker Office 2018 license to the 2021 license but I have a question about the number of personal computers per license (i.e., 5). While I do think 5 devices is plenty, I am concerned about wasting device usage when having to reinstall linux. I have 3 or 4 devices that I would put Softmaker 2021 on but if I need to reinstall a distro I don't want to use up my license that way. I think this is a somewhat unique problem for Linux users. Is there a way to deactivate a device so I don't waste the 5 devices per license?

Thanks!

Mark
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Computers Per License and Reinstallation

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your interest in upgrading to SoftMaker Office 2021. The limit of 5 devices doesn't include the repeat installation on the same device. e.g. if you reinstall Linux and SoftMaker Office 2021 on one device 5 times that will be counted as one device only.

If you face any problem related to activation you can send email to support[at]softmaker.de anytime, and we will be happy to assist you in the problem.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”