How to remove any user data from SMO documents

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Tom123

How to remove any user data from SMO documents

Post by Tom123 »

Dear All,

How is it possible to remove all user data from documents created or modified with Softmaker Office 2021?

Example: Presentations Professional 2021 (rev S1016.0624) 64bit

I just unzipped a Presentations21 pptx document, searched for my user data in the unzipped files and found my user name (i.e. the login name) in the document "docProps/core.xml" in the field "<cp:lastModifiedBy>".

However, when I open the original pptx presentation and open the document properties per dialog "File > Properties", my user name is not displayed on any tab.

Thanks & regards
Tom
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How to remove any user data from SMO documents

Post by SuperTech »

The <cp:lastModifiedBy> information which you mentioned here is actually operating system level information and Operating system insert it in the file. In this case, SoftMaker Office can't do anything about it.

To remove in Linux you will have to use any third-party tool, you can search on the internet. On Windows, it's in file Properties > Details > "Remove properties and personal information".

Thanks
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

Thanks for your quick reply, although I find it hard to believe.

I just ran the same experiment with LibreOffice 6.3. I did not find any user data in the unzipped pptx document created with LibreOffice. The "docProps/core.xml" includes only "<cp:lastModifiedBy></cp:lastModifiedBy>".

Would you please doublecheck, that SoftMaker Office can really not remove all user data.

Thanks
Tom
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”