remove-icons.sh script leaves files behind

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
kgha

remove-icons.sh script leaves files behind

Post by kgha »

I'm one of the users who aren't altogether happy with Softmaker's icons for various filetypes, so I always run the remove-icons script after installing/upgrading. However, even if icons are removed from most directories, but not from /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/mimetypes where a plethora of files (application-xls.png, applicaton-vnd.ms-excel.png, gnome-mime-application-msword.png to just name a few) remains, meaning that the Softmacer icons are still displayed in my file manager so that I have to delete them manually.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: remove-icons.sh script leaves files behind

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our development team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team has fixed this problem. This fix will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office 2021.

Thanks
kgha

Post by kgha »

:thumbsup:
kgha

Post by kgha »

After upgrading to servicepack 1018 I can confirm that the remove_icons script now works properly. Thanks!
dimkoul

Post by dimkoul »

The script does not work as it should on Debian 11. It reverts extensions .docx .xlsx .pptx but leaves others like .doc, .xls, .ppt and .csv as I have noticed. I don't know if it leaves other file extensions too.

I was surprised to see that the icons remain even after uninstalling Office 2021 but only if script is run before uninstalling. If you uninstall without running the script first, then all icons revert to Linux's default.

Please provide a fix for this, although I would rather not having at all this procedure of modifying Linux's default icons, as I see no use of it. It's only creating problems.
Last edited by dimkoul on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but we are unable to reproduce this problem. Please download the latest revision and check again.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”