Shared Settings

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
bserv

Shared Settings

Post by bserv »

Team,

I wanted to "hide" the SoftMaker directory by renaming it to .SoftMaker.

It would be nice if I only had to do this once...
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Shared Settings

Post by SuperTech »

SoftMaker directory contains important settings and information required to run SoftMaker Office. So, you can't rename or move this folder, otherwise, whenever you will run SoftMaker Office, it will create it again with all fresh settings.

Thanks
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

Dear SoftMaker Team,

You have done a great job creating SoftMaker 2021 for Linux. Why do you impair your own work by not adhering to the standard practices in Linux operating systems? In Linux OS the configuration (the settings) of any application program are written by default into hidden directories.

And if you are concerned that the user otherwise would not find the templates, the backup and the samples, make sure that the user can configure the storage path of these objects, while the rest of the settings are stored e.g. under "~/.SoftMaker21".

This flaw costs you one star of an otherwise excellent rating. :(

Please consider fixing this issue in an update.

Regards
Tom
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this request to our product management...
lucsus

Post by lucsus »

Tom123 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:04 pm Dear SoftMaker Team,

You have done a great job creating SoftMaker 2021 for Linux. Why do you impair your own work by not adhering to the standard practices in Linux operating systems? In Linux OS the configuration (the settings) of any application program are written by default into hidden directories.

And if you are concerned that the user otherwise would not find the templates, the backup and the samples, make sure that the user can configure the storage path of these objects, while the rest of the settings are stored e.g. under "~/.SoftMaker21".

This flaw costs you one star of an otherwise excellent rating. :(

Please consider fixing this issue in an update.

Regards
Tom
I really want to reinforce this. That is an annoying and useless behavior of the software.
ricky_f

Post by ricky_f »

+1 This is annoying, non-standard behaviour.
stephan1827

Post by stephan1827 »

I have the same issue on a Mac. Is there any solution to this?

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”