Bug: Touchscreen Scrolling Doesn't Work with Wayland

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
vtpoet

Bug: Touchscreen Scrolling Doesn't Work with Wayland

Post by vtpoet »

Installed Ubuntu/with Wayland on my MS Surface Go. While nearly every other application, with the exception of one other Xorg app, allows me to scroll via the Touchscreen, Softmaker Office reverts to Xorg behavior, treating a finger scroll as a "text selection" gesture rather than a scroll gesture.
vtpoet

Re: Bug: Touchscreen Scrolling Doesn't Work with Wayland

Post by vtpoet »

Can confirm that this bug also applies to Plasma running Wayland.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our product management...
vtpoet

Post by vtpoet »

Thanks. This would be a niche problem, I suppose, but Ubuntu has made Wayland their default display manager. I was just using Textmaker yesterday, out and about on my Surface Go, and wished that I could scroll with the touchscreen.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

Keep in mind that wayland is still a newcomer. KDE Plasma does not fully support it, neither does Enlightenment 24. Other desktops and some wm are in the process to adding support while others plan to stick to xorg for the time being.
vtpoet

Post by vtpoet »

Yeah, but I'm not sure what your point is? Softmaker works fine with Xorg and will continue to. Meanwhile, touchscreens are ubiquitous. I expect you will see distros like Kubuntu default to Wayland with 22.04. Wayland is enabled by default on Fedora's Gnome and likewise on RHEL 8. Between Redhat and Ubuntu (Gnome and Plasma), you've probably covered 95% of Softmaker's linux market. If anyone on Enlightenment (or any other desktop still running Xorg) wants to cripple their touchscreen by continuing to use Xorg, that's the beauty of linux, they can.
vtpoet

Post by vtpoet »

Just noticed that touchscreen scrolling also doesn't work in Windows (on my Surface Go).
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

On Windows, you need to scroll using two fingers.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Linux (General)”