Suggestions: compatibility + quality of life

Oftu

Suggestions: compatibility + quality of life

Post by Oftu »

Hi. I have a few suggestions, but I also want to thank you for your work. Softmaker displays .pptx presentations very accurately, better than any other office apps for Linux that I've tried. However, there are certain things that may be implemented to make it even better (in no particular order):

Compatibility:
  • Please let us to embed fonts and to display fonts embedded with Powerpoint from Microsoft Office 365/2019;
  • Currently arrows and lines that are not locked onto object(s) display incorrectly if opened in Powerpoint
  • Pictures recolored with Presentations appear in their default (non-recolored) state when opened with Powerpoint;
  • I would be glad if I could export Powerpoint/Presentation slides as a video. This option exists in MS Office and sometimes i need it a lot.
Quality of life improvements:
  • Sometimes I need to edit notes and the slides at the same time (not comments). If possible, please make slides editable when viewing the notes.
  • Please add a handle for moving small objects, such as tiny pictures.
My apologies for the possible grammar & spelling mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker. Thank you in advance for reading this.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Suggestions: compatibility + quality of life

Post by SuperTech »

Oftu wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:05 pm
  • Please let us to embed fonts and to display fonts embedded with Powerpoint from Microsoft Office 365/2019;
  • I would be glad if I could export Powerpoint/Presentation slides as a video. This option exists in MS Office and sometimes i need it a lot.
  • Sometimes I need to edit notes and the slides at the same time (not comments). If possible, please make slides editable when viewing the notes.
  • Please add a handle for moving small objects, such as tiny pictures.
Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this feature request to our development team.
Oftu wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:05 pm
  • Currently arrows and lines that are not locked onto object(s) display incorrectly if opened in Powerpoint
  • Pictures recolored with Presentations appear in their default (non-recolored) state when opened with Powerpoint;
Please share the associated file in which you are getting this problem with screenshots and steps to reproduce the problems so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=391&t=20694&p=68510#p68510
Oftu

Post by Oftu »

Thanks for the reply! I've tried to make a presentation for the testing purposes. Turns out this problem
Currently arrows and lines that are not locked onto object(s) display incorrectly if opened in Powerpoint
is actually
Currently arrows and lines display incorrectly even if I just quit the Somftmaker Presentations and open it again
Here is a presentation, and 2 picture export attachments: how it looked when I made it vs how it looked when I opened it the next day.
Steps to reproduce: place arrows as pictured in the original screenshots, close, reopen.
Pictures recolored with Presentations appear in their default (non-recolored) state when opened with Powerpoint;
Additionally, now PowerPoint refuses to open this presentation at all, So I can't show screenshots from it.

P. S. Pictures in the presentation also contain a minor visual glitch involving a man's silhouette. While it's displayed properly in the main presentation window, on the preview ribbon it looks like it's creepily hanging from the title border. It was not intentional on my side, but I decided to share just in case. Skip the last slide if you don't want to look at it.

P. P. S.
Happy New Year! Hope it will be good for you ^_^
Attachments
Viewed in Softmaker - reopened.zip
How it looked after closing and opening it.
(729.3 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Viewed in Softmaker - original.zip
How it looked before closing
(731.39 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Presentation for testing.pptx
An affected presentation.
(770.94 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the file and details. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack 1030 of SoftMaker Office.
Oftu

Post by Oftu »

Thank you! I will check that out as soon as update will reach official Softmaker repositories on Majaro (it hasn't yet).

Return to “Presentations 2021 for Linux”