Can not copy and paste filtered data with PlanMaker.

cdysthe

Can not copy and paste filtered data with PlanMaker.

Post by cdysthe »

Hi,

I am having a problem with PlanMaker which has forced me to install LibreOffice again to do my job. Let me see if I am able to describe it:

I have a spreadsheet with 1000 rows. I then create a special filter and get let's say 100 rows that matches the filter. I then want to copy those 100 rows, and only those, and paste them into a new spreadsheet. I mark the 100 filtered rows, hit 'Copy" and move to the new spreadsheet where I paste them. The problem is that I am not getting only those 100 rows pasted. I am getting ALL the 1000 rows. As far as I have been able to determine there's no way to copy and paste filtered results, and only the filtered results, into another spreadsheet. I think the size of the spreadsheet may be important but do not know how big it needs to be. 1000 rows with 10 columns should do it though

I am hoping I am missing something here so it's me being an idiot, but I am just not able to do what I need to do. I have had to install LibreOffice to do this where it works on the same 1000 row master spreadsheet. When I create a filter in LibreOffice and copy the matching rows I can paste them, and only them, into a new spreadsheet without problems.

I am on Linux but have no idea if this may be a Linux issue or an issue with PlanMaker in general.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can not copy and paste filtered data with PlanMaker.

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, this feature is not there in PlanMaker, but thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our development team.

Meanwhile, if you want temporary workaround, you can add two temporary columns in the end of the data, put row numbers 1,2,3... in the first temporary column so that you can restore the sequence, in the second temporary column put if function with your filter conditions marking flag, after that sort with second temporary column, cut your data and finally restore the sequence by sorting with first temporary column.
cdysthe

Re: Can not copy and paste filtered data with PlanMaker.

Post by cdysthe »

Thank you for the workaround. I really hope this feature will be added since I need it all the time. I will live with the workaround for now hoping it won't be too long.

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Linux”