Moving range with formulas

EnvyF

Moving range with formulas

Post by EnvyF »

Hi! I've got the following issue. Sorry for comparison with Excel :) but I find PlanMaker behaviour unexpected and counterintuitive in this example.
Operation: cut or copy range with formulas. Behaviour in Excel:
- I cut and paste range with formulas if I want to preserve references to the same cells. In effect values in these cells with formulas do not change.
- I copy and paste range with formulas if I want to keep offsets of the formulas' reference cells. In effect values in these cells change.

In PlanMaker both copy and paste keep offsets. How do I move cells with formulas while keeping values and formulas like in Excel?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Moving range with formulas

Post by SuperTech »

Actually, PlanMaker has some different mechanism of the cut paste of cells but working as expected. In PlanMaker, you can cut/paste a cell on multiple locations. If you want to move the cell with formulas and all references please move the cell with the drag-drop feature.

To move cells:
a) When you have several cells selected you can click into the selection and drag it.
b) When you have only a single cell without selection color then click into the cell and hold the mouse button. After half a second the drag cursor is shown.

When you drag-drop cell to a different location you will find the formula and references will be there.

Thanks
EnvyF

Re: Moving range with formulas

Post by EnvyF »

Aha! Can't say that it was obvious but works like charm :D ! Thanks

Return to “PlanMaker 2021 for Linux”