looking for text in a specified font

jmarc

looking for text in a specified font

Post by jmarc »

On the document properties we can find the list on the used font in a document. I have two remarks and two questions and/or suggestions:
1) we have the list of fonts that are not installed on this computer. My document is quite big and i would fix it by changing the font in the document instead of adding these fonts to my computer.
Is there a way to search the text specifying the used font for it ?

2) the second list shows the available fonts on the computer. This is useless, since there are other means (as font manager, for example) to find them. I guess this is a bug, because the useful information should be the list of used fonts in the current document

Regards
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: looking for text in a specified font

Post by Jossi »

jmarc wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:30 pm Is there a way to search the text specifying the used font for it ?
Yes, there is. When you click "Replace" (ribbon) or Edit > Replace (classic menu), a new dialog box with two tabs opens. Change the tab from "Replace" to "Search", then click the middle button at the bottom labeled "Format" and select "Character" (first menu item). Now you can search for a specific font.

(If you are wondering now why I recommend to click "Replace" instead of "Search": It’s quicker that way. After clicking "Search", the left sidebar opens and you have to go all the way down to the bottom to find the button "Advanced..." which opens the Search dialog – and
you must close the sidebar again afterwards).

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”