creating tables of a given width

mauricebis

creating tables of a given width

Post by mauricebis »

I upgraded from 2018 to the 2021 version of Textmaker on Linux. I was really expecting I could create tables from a given width in pts or %, since this option is not available in 2018 version, and this was my reason for upgrading. Unfortunately, I can't see anyway of doing this at the table level (not the cell level), the width is not listed as a table property while this is fundamental. This is very annoying since I want all my tables being centered and being 90% width of the page. Well, money wasted...
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: creating tables of a given width

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Currently, this option is not available, but I have forwarded this as an improvement suggestion to our product management.
mauricebis

Post by mauricebis »

Thanks. I think this would help lots of your users. It's even available in CSS when designing web pages, it's a fundamental tool. Hope I could upgrade soon.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

As a workaround, you could put the tables in a text box with given width.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

Another workaround (without using textbox) can be seen in the attached screen recording.
Attachments
Table_width_workaround.gif
mauricebis

Post by mauricebis »

Jossi wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:33 am As a workaround, you could put the tables in a text box with given width.
Sure the textframe can be centered but the width can't be defined as a percentage to anticipate for possible margin changes.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”