Relatively new to using TextMaker - need help on how to set up for speaking notes

frankschutz

Relatively new to using TextMaker - need help on how to set up for speaking notes

Post by frankschutz »

Hi all, First time in the forum. I want to print my notes for speaking on half sheets. To do this I need to have 2 pages on a landscape 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I am used to doing this in WordPerfect easily. I have tried doing it in Word, and Libre Writer to no avail. So what I want is to have basically 2 pages print on an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper so I can cut it in half and use those for my speaking notes. Of course I can use columns, but I want to have automatic page numbers in a footer and you cannot do that with footers, you would get 1 page for 2 columns. Word Perfect does this my splitting one page into two pages. I have looked at doing this in other Word processors by using columns, by defining the page as a half page size and then trying to print 2 pages per sheet on the printer. I have tried modifying the page field, but I don't really know how to do that. I even asked an MS Word expert trainer how to do this once, and he had no idea how it could be done.
I can continue to use WordPerfect (I still think it is the best WP) however, I have to run it on a virtual machine and I would rather work in Linux. I could do that if I could get this one thing to work that way I want it too in TextMaker. Thanks
Any ideas?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Relatively new to using TextMaker - need help on how to set up for speaking notes

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. For this purpose, you have to check your printer settings. Mostly printer provides a setting while printing "Pages per sheet" using which you will be able to print multiple pages on a single page.
Volker Neurath

Re: Relatively new to using TextMaker - need help on how to set up for speaking notes

Post by Volker Neurath »

SuperTech wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:21 pm Thanks for posting your problem. For this purpose, you have to check your printer settings. Mostly printer provides a setting while printing "Pages per sheet" using which you will be able to print multiple pages on a single page.
That's only one part & possibility.
To me his reguirements sound as if hee would need a page format like "flyer" - something that WordPerfect in fact deliveres and enables to use very easy
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

TextMaker for Windows can print multiple pages on one sheet. This function is not available in the Linux version.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Volker Neurath

Post by Volker Neurath »

What a pitiy! Could you pls give us a reason for this?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

That's because Windows has a real API for printing, so we can place multiple-page printing on top. In Linux, applications are supposed to create their own PDF output for printing, and as this is already complex code, we did not add multiple-page printing on top.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”