Deselect/unselect recipients in mail merge

burque505

Deselect/unselect recipients in mail merge

Post by burque505 »

Hello, I generally do NOT use mail merge to populate more than one document at a time. However, the data I use consists of thousands of records. I ALWAYS want to use one and only one at a time. I have not yet found a shortcut to deselect/unselect all recipients, so I can choose only the one I want.

Unchecking a thousand records one at a time is simply not feasible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have not yet installed for Windows, so I don't know if I will have the same issue there or not.

Regards,
burque505
burque505

Re: Deselect/unselect recipients in mail merge

Post by burque505 »

As a followup, I can work around this by simply choosing the record I want from "Print Merge".
However, attempting this brought up another problem.
For this experiment I'm using an Excel file (.xlsx) with the first row as headers. I'm using a .dotm template with about 65 merge fields.
TextMaker does not respect the field names from the .dotm template. Although the field names show up in the document, in the "Insert Field" dialog, my named fields only show up as FIELD_1, FIELD_2, etc. This is not helpful. So far I am unable to merge from my existing data, be it .sqlite or .xlsx, due to this issue.
burque505

Re: Deselect/unselect recipients in mail merge

Post by burque505 »

Following up again, I have been able to work around the fields issue in a couple of ways.
1) Open my .xlsx file in PlanMaker and export as .dbf. This method allows quite a bit of control.
2) Open my .xlsx file in PlanMaker and export as .pmdx. This works for me as well - all fields are correctly recognized.

Regards,
burque505
burque505

Re: Deselect/unselect recipients in mail merge - SOLVED

Post by burque505 »

It took me a while to find [Hamburger Menu] -> Select -> Deselect all records.
Problem solved!
Sorry I didn't dig around more.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Linux”